AIMS AND OBJECTIVES OF THE SOCIETY
1. To maintain an association of those interested in the origin, history and development
of the various branches of the Witty Family throughout the world.
2. To circulate a regular newsletter to all members, drawing attention to matters of topical
family interest, including articles about past and current research, family biographies
and genealogical data, and places associated with the family.
3. To gather family data from all over the world and connect existing families to each
other and to the principal progenitors in the 16th century.
4. To promote the preservation of documents, photographs and memorabilia of
individual families, and to make copies, where possible, for the Witty archives.
5. To extract and prepare indices for the name Witty in the Civil Registers of Birth,
Marriage and Death in the United Kingdom, from 1837 to date, and cross-index the
data with baptisms, marriages and burials and other data.
6. To hold occasional meetings for members of the Society to: (a) consult the Witty
Archives; (b) view the large number of genealogical tables held by the Society;
(c) ask for advice about research; and (d) meet other interested parties.
7. To encourage members to write their family histories for future generations.
8. To publish a comprehensive history of the principal branches of the family from the
medieval period to the present century.
Note: Membership is open to all who have an interest in the Aims and Objectives of
the Society. The membership Secretary is: Mr. G.P. Steer
53 Goodman Crescent,
London SW2 4NR
Current subscrition for one calendar year is five pounds sterling; cheques to be payable t
to G.P. Steer. Subscriptions out of the United Kingdom are ten US dollars.
All comments or questions regarding this page send to e-mail at:
Created by Lunn Enterprises